James Van COOPER
Debut Album Out July 2018
- Bill Siddons Former Manager Of The Doors,Van Morrison, CSN&Y and Jackson Browne “James is a gifted young musician”
- Scott Campbell USA Producer Alanis Morrisette and Katy Perry “I’ve worked with a stack of acts and James at a tender age shows an early promise that will be exciting to watch develop”.
- Ned Douglas A&R Director / CEO Dave Stewart Entertainment " James work is excellent I’m impressed with his sound”.
- Lloyd Spiegel Australian Country Blues icon "James has the combination of dedication, passion and talent that so few young artist possess. It will serve him well and I look forward to watching his career blossom".
- Dana Bigna BMA music magazine "James has the music characteristics of rock and roll meets troditional country themes".
THE JAMES VAN COOPER STORY 2018
In March of 2018 Australian Country artiste James Van Cooper travelled to LA to record an album with US Music Producer Scott Campbell. Scott is the creative partner of Glen Ballard and together they’ve worked on recordings with Katy Perry, No Doubt and Alanis Morissettes “Jagged Little Pill”, while more recently Scott’s produced Shelby Lynne’s “I Can’t Imagine”
James wrote the entire record, performs lead vocals and plays both acoustic and lead guitar on his debut LP. His music illustrates an artiste that is both elegant and cool, with James also utilising this record to highlight his much lauded guitar skills.
James unashamedly tips his hat to the likes of Dave Rawlings and Lyle Lovett while peppering that classic sound with his own contemporary country rock blend.
This is a record for both the country music heartland and beyond and will be released in late July 2018.