James Van COOPER
CLICK THE PHOTO TO STREAM/download/buy Physical CD
debut album “coming home” out NOW
- Bill Siddons Former Manager Of The Doors,Van Morrison, CSN&Y and Jackson Browne “James is a gifted young musician”
- Scott Campbell USA Producer Alanis Morrisette and Katy Perry “I’ve worked with a stack of acts and James at a tender age shows an early promise that will be exciting to watch develop”.
- Ned Douglas A&R Director / CEO Dave Stewart Entertainment " James work is excellent I’m impressed with his sound”.
- Lloyd Spiegel Australian Country Blues icon "James has the combination of dedication, passion and talent that so few young artist possess. It will serve him well and I look forward to watching his career blossom".
- Dana Bigna BMA music magazine "James has the music characteristics of rock and roll meets troditional country themes".
James Van Cooper is an Australian. He’s young, stylish and cool. He summons the sounds of Alt/Country Rock with catchy hooks and twangy guitars. He’s a man for those that like their country gnarly and epic as well as nuanced and intimiate. James’ is a slick flamboyant performer and a heartfelt songwriter, he’s renowned as a wild and complete guitarist who can leave an audience in smoking ruins.
James’ new record “Coming Home” released September 2018 represents an edgy alternative to Nashville Country/Pop. “Coming Home” is an authentic slab of “New Country Rock”, 10 tracks played in a captivating style, presenting James as a polished performer but not contrived.
James delivers a debut record that is devoid devious studio tricks and faux brilliance. This is a passionate body of work genuflecting at the alter of New Country Rock while also unapologetically experimenting sonically, displaying an affection for several country music sub genres including Bluegrass, Americana Balladeering and Traditional Country.
James is quoted.
“This Record is fuelled by a need to break free of certain constraints and confines whether they be imagined or real. I had to play with a fresh deck so to speak hence the American studio sessions. Being an Australian and packing up to head to Hollywood to record, while exciting was still an unknown. What fears I did have were totally unwarranted as I was introduced to a wonderful producer in Scott Campbell who understood and encouraged what I envisaged in the creative process. Scott and I collaborated with a band that got on with making a genuine country rock record, an album that stands up for the new ways while respecting and acknowledging the vintage sound of country music. I wanted to make a record with a music narrative that pulled the listener along and I think I’ve done that on “Coming Home”.